TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR WEBSITE USAGE
The term ‘BCS’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Business Critical Solutions Limited, the owner of the website, whose registered office is Old Barn House, Effingham Common Road, Effingham, Surrey KT24 5JG. Our company registered in England No 10230390. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
- All trade-marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Business Critical Solutions is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BCS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 06/07/2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
This data will be held in accordance with our Data Protection policies in order to comply with the Data Protection Act.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The examples below outline what these categories of cookies are used for. Our uses of cookies fall within these categories.
Strictly necessary cookies
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages.
- Information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- These cookies are set by 3rd party services such as YouTube and SlideShare.
- These cookies allow you to interact with 3rd party services such as Twitter, You Tube and LinkedIn.
- Information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Please note we are currently using Google’s display advertising online. It means that third-party vendors including Google will show our adverts on selected websites.
BCS and third-party vendors including Google, use first-party cookies such as the Google Analytics cookie plus third-party cookies such as the DoubleClick cookie. Collectively they use these to plan and serve adverts based on your visits to our website. Please note that you can opt out of our marketing campaign if you wish, you need a Google account to do so. To do so, please visit this page and amend the Opt-out settings in your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can visit this page to stop adverts appearing in your website browser window.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us on [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.